Top tourist attractions in Kenya you should visit today
If you’ve ever been interested in learning more about the top tourist attractions in Kenya, then this article is for you.
Kenya is quite a popular destination for both domestic and international tourists.
This is mainly due to the country having a beautiful landscape and a large variety of wildlife species. Kenyan people are also quite friendly and welcoming.
Many of the tourist attractions Kenya has cater to nature and animal lovers. Kenya also has a beautiful coastline that is perfect for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts.
If you’re more into urban tourism, Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya, has quite a number of interesting attractions.
Here are some interesting facts about Kenya as a tourist attraction:
- About 8% of Kenya’s landmass is a protected area for wildlife conservation.
- Kenya has 23 terrestrial national parks, 28 terrestrial national reserves, 4 marine national parks, 6 marine national reserves and 4 national sanctuaries.
- The highest mountain in Kenya (Mount Kenya) is also the second-highest mountain in Africa.
- Kenya is one of the few countries in the world where you can see all of the ‘Big Five’ animals namely the lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and African buffalo.
Here are the top tourist attractions in Kenya that you should consider visiting.
1. Mount Kenya National Park & Reserve
2. Amboseli National Park
3. Nairobi National Park
4. Tsavo National Park
5. Masai Mara
6. Lake Naivasha
9. Lamu Island
10. Samburu, Buffalo Springs, and Shaba National Reserves
11. Meru National Park
12. Giraffe manor